Haunting Bulgarian singers come to Braunton
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock s Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton. Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their rang
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock's Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton.
Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their range of music covers Bulgarian, Macedonian and Russian traditional music and orthodox chants which widen into the broader Slavic repertoire.
Their performances show both their love of and fascination with, this dramatic music. However the range and clarity of their beautiful voices prove that it does not need a choir to create the haunting tunes.
Perunika have recently appeared on British TV and thrilled audiences. The concert starts at 7.30pm in St Brannock's Church at Braunton
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing �8, are still available and can be purchased from Braunton Tourist Information Office or by telephoning the organisers on (01271) 814082. Alternatively it will be possible to buy them on the night
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon