Haunting Bulgarian singers come to Braunton
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock s Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton. Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their rang
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock's Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton.
Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their range of music covers Bulgarian, Macedonian and Russian traditional music and orthodox chants which widen into the broader Slavic repertoire.
Their performances show both their love of and fascination with, this dramatic music. However the range and clarity of their beautiful voices prove that it does not need a choir to create the haunting tunes.
Perunika have recently appeared on British TV and thrilled audiences. The concert starts at 7.30pm in St Brannock's Church at Braunton
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing �8, are still available and can be purchased from Braunton Tourist Information Office or by telephoning the organisers on (01271) 814082. Alternatively it will be possible to buy them on the night
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone