Haunting Bulgarian singers come to Braunton
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock s Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton. Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their rang
THERE is a treat in store for all music lovers next Saturday (November 14) when St Brannock's Church and Beaford Arts present a concert by Perunika in the church at Braunton.
Perunika is an acappela trio drawn from a group of Bulgarian singers. Their range of music covers Bulgarian, Macedonian and Russian traditional music and orthodox chants which widen into the broader Slavic repertoire.
Their performances show both their love of and fascination with, this dramatic music. However the range and clarity of their beautiful voices prove that it does not need a choir to create the haunting tunes.
Perunika have recently appeared on British TV and thrilled audiences. The concert starts at 7.30pm in St Brannock's Church at Braunton
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing �8, are still available and can be purchased from Braunton Tourist Information Office or by telephoning the organisers on (01271) 814082. Alternatively it will be possible to buy them on the night
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?