Hatherleigh fire station appeals for retained fire fighters
The station will be holding an open evening next month for anyone interested in finding out more.
HATHERLEIGH fire station is hosting an open evening as it tries to recruit more on-call firefighters.
Men and women interested in becoming a retained fire fighter can attend the evening at the fire station next month.
Those interested must be over the age of 18, live or work within five minutes response time of the fire station, and have a good level of fitness and strength.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Being on-call means that you provide a level of cover whilst at work or at home and when you are needed your pager will alert you to attend the station.
You may also want to watch:
“People who can give cover during the day are particularly needed.”
No previous experience of fire fighting is necessary, and all retained fire fighters will receive advice and training.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
To find out more about the role, visit Hatherleigh Fire Station at Hill Meadow, Bridge Street, Hatherleigh, EX20 3JA, on Thursday, October 18 between 7pm and 9pm.