Hatherleigh fire station appeals for retained fire fighters
The station will be holding an open evening next month for anyone interested in finding out more.
HATHERLEIGH fire station is hosting an open evening as it tries to recruit more on-call firefighters.
Men and women interested in becoming a retained fire fighter can attend the evening at the fire station next month.
Those interested must be over the age of 18, live or work within five minutes response time of the fire station, and have a good level of fitness and strength.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Being on-call means that you provide a level of cover whilst at work or at home and when you are needed your pager will alert you to attend the station.
You may also want to watch:
“People who can give cover during the day are particularly needed.”
No previous experience of fire fighting is necessary, and all retained fire fighters will receive advice and training.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
To find out more about the role, visit Hatherleigh Fire Station at Hill Meadow, Bridge Street, Hatherleigh, EX20 3JA, on Thursday, October 18 between 7pm and 9pm.