Hatherleigh bank raid: Police release CCTV footage
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses following the ATM raid at Hatherleigh during the early hours of Saturday. They have released CCTV footage is now available showing the stolen red Manitou heavy duty fork-lift truck used in the raid entering
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses following the ATM raid at Hatherleigh during the early hours of Saturday.
They have released CCTV footage is now available showing the stolen red Manitou heavy duty fork-lift truck used in the raid entering Hatherleigh at approximately 1955hrs on Friday and parking in the Market car park, facing the Nat West Bank.
It remains in this position until it is used as a battering ram to smash the frontage of the bank and together with a stolen blue Toyota HiLux 4 x 4, remove the ATM, which could have contained a six-figure sum.
Video footage is also available of the Toyota leaving Hatherleigh at approximately 0335hrs on Saturday and this was followed by an additional dark coloured vehicle believed to have been used by the offenders. There are no further details of this vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Police are trying to fill the gaps between when the vehicles were stolen and when this offence occurred, particularly with the distinctive red Manitou fork-lift truck travelling between Bideford (where it was stolen during the evening of February 18) and Hatherleigh.
The Toyota was stolen between 1445hrs and 1515hrs on Thursday, February 18 from the Crediton area. It is likely that these vehicles were parked up somewhere in between times and again police are asking the public if they recall seeing these vehicles by the roadside or concealed somewhere off the road.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
Anyone with information should contact the police on 08452 777444 and quote incident log 350 of 20th February. Information can also be given confidentially via CRIMESTOPPERS on 0800 555111.