Harvey marks 20 years as MP
Supports mark contribution at special dinner.
NICK Harvey has celebrated 20 years as North Devon’s MP.
Liberal Democrat Mr Harvey was first elected at the 1992 general election when he defeated Conservative MP Antony Speller.
He won the seat with just a 794 majority but has remained North Devon’s MP ever since.
Supporters marked his contribution at a special dinner in a packed Filleigh Village Hall on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harvey was presented with a commemorative wine cooler by social and fund-raising secretary Thelma Avery on behalf of North Devon Liberal Democrats.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety