Harvey marks 20 years as MP
Supports mark contribution at special dinner.
NICK Harvey has celebrated 20 years as North Devon’s MP.
Liberal Democrat Mr Harvey was first elected at the 1992 general election when he defeated Conservative MP Antony Speller.
He won the seat with just a 794 majority but has remained North Devon’s MP ever since.
Supporters marked his contribution at a special dinner in a packed Filleigh Village Hall on Saturday evening.
Mr Harvey was presented with a commemorative wine cooler by social and fund-raising secretary Thelma Avery on behalf of North Devon Liberal Democrats.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant