Harvey marks 20 years as MP
Supports mark contribution at special dinner.
NICK Harvey has celebrated 20 years as North Devon’s MP.
Liberal Democrat Mr Harvey was first elected at the 1992 general election when he defeated Conservative MP Antony Speller.
He won the seat with just a 794 majority but has remained North Devon’s MP ever since.
Supporters marked his contribution at a special dinner in a packed Filleigh Village Hall on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harvey was presented with a commemorative wine cooler by social and fund-raising secretary Thelma Avery on behalf of North Devon Liberal Democrats.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council