North Devon GP surgery postpones appointments following coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Google
A North Devon GP surgery has postponed all face-to-face appointments following an outbreak of coronavirus.
Hartland Surgery said a number of staff have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past few days.
In a post on the surgery’s website on Sunday (October 25), Dr Sam Tapsell said a ‘bare minimum’ telephone and email service would remain in place to protect patients.
The statement said: “Over the past few days, we have had a number of staff who have tested positive for Covid.
“We will therefore postpone all face to face contacts with a bare minimum telephone or email service in place to protect our patients.
“We also need to avoid staff working within the practice building where possible to prevent further spread.
You may also want to watch:
“If your problem is not urgent, could you please give us two weeks to get the surgery back towards a more normal service.”
Patients who develop any Covid symptoms – a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste – are advised to arrange a test.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386