Harry turns up the heat at Rotary cooking competition
Kingsley School student wins North Devon heat of annual Rotary Young Chef event.
YOUNG chefs have been cooking up a storm at the first North Devon heat of the annual Rotary Young Chef Competition at Petroc in Barnstaple.
In a close run event, the winner was Harry Carter from the Kingsley School, Bideford, second place went to Karina Brooke from Braunton Academy, while third was Harry Oades also from the Kingsley School and fourth Tia Filer Darch from Ilfracombe.
Both Harry and Karina will go on to the county final in South Devon and the possibility of a place in the south West regional finals.
The North Devon event was organised by Rotarian Tony Seymour of the Ilfracombe Club, which would like to thank Petroc for the use of its facilities, plus judges John Randalls of Woolacombe Bay Hotel and Sergeant Philip Jones from RMB Chivenor Army Barracks, as well as Rotary district governor Graham Smith and his wife Pauline who awarded the prizes, plus all the staff of the participating colleges.
You may also want to watch:
The second heat was due to take place at Petroc yesterday (Tuesday).
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year