Happy fifth anniversary for J and S Marine Renewables
- Credit: Archant
The marine energy arm of Pottington-based J and S Marine Ltd celebrates a successful five years.
THE wind and tidal energy arm of Barnstaple based J and S Marine is celebrating a successful fifth anniversary.
Five years ago the company launched J and S Marine Renewables to help customers with get power and control information to shore from marine wind, wave and tidal equipment.
The company says this has built on the success of J and S Marine’s existing defence, oil and gas businesses to make the new venture a ‘key cornerstone’ of the business.
It said with a specialist team covering both its sites at Pottington in Barnstaple and Aberdeen, plus numerous deployments on and offshore, Marine Renewables has accrued an impressive tally of work and industry accolades.
You may also want to watch:
It has installed numerous connectors at various projects including the Biscay Marine Energy Platform. In 2010 it was jointly awarded the ‘most effective tidal energy projects development’ accolade at the International Tidal Summit and Awards in London.
“The marine renewables sector is a rapidly evolving industry but I believe wind, wave and tidal energy investments are on the verge of crossing a key threshold as technologies mature and new installations increase on a global scale,” said Chris Napier, general manager of Marine Renbewables.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“Five years down the line, it has been a success story for us and we look forward to the coming years – we have a great deal planned with ongoing investment in product development which will see J and S launching new products to support the marine renewables industry and improve electrical connectivity.”