Happy fifth anniversary for J and S Marine Renewables
- Credit: Archant
The marine energy arm of Pottington-based J and S Marine Ltd celebrates a successful five years.
THE wind and tidal energy arm of Barnstaple based J and S Marine is celebrating a successful fifth anniversary.
Five years ago the company launched J and S Marine Renewables to help customers with get power and control information to shore from marine wind, wave and tidal equipment.
The company says this has built on the success of J and S Marine’s existing defence, oil and gas businesses to make the new venture a ‘key cornerstone’ of the business.
It said with a specialist team covering both its sites at Pottington in Barnstaple and Aberdeen, plus numerous deployments on and offshore, Marine Renewables has accrued an impressive tally of work and industry accolades.
You may also want to watch:
It has installed numerous connectors at various projects including the Biscay Marine Energy Platform. In 2010 it was jointly awarded the ‘most effective tidal energy projects development’ accolade at the International Tidal Summit and Awards in London.
“The marine renewables sector is a rapidly evolving industry but I believe wind, wave and tidal energy investments are on the verge of crossing a key threshold as technologies mature and new installations increase on a global scale,” said Chris Napier, general manager of Marine Renbewables.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
“Five years down the line, it has been a success story for us and we look forward to the coming years – we have a great deal planned with ongoing investment in product development which will see J and S launching new products to support the marine renewables industry and improve electrical connectivity.”