Happy campers endure wind and rain at Hele rocks
- Credit: Archant
Three people ‘stranded’ at Hele Bay on Thursday evening tell the lifeboat they are happy to stay there despite driving rain.
The Ilfracombe inshore lifeboat was called out to three people cut off by the tide at Hele Bay on Thursday evening – who were quite happy to stay there.
The volunteers took the boat out into the worst weather for weeks at about 8.25pm in response to a report of three people on rocks at ‘Donkey Island’.
Arriving on scene, they were surprised to find the three on the rocks were quite happy, despite the rain and big sea.
They told the crew they intended to spend the evening on the rocks and were aware they would be cut off for several hours. They had informed people at home of their plans and the time they expected to return, and were not concerned about the weather.
You may also want to watch:
The crew advised the trio they would probably be in for an uncomfortable time, and it would be very dark by the time the tide had ebbed enough for them to leave. As the group were determined to stay put, and were not in any immediate danger, the lifeboat crew wished them a pleasant evening and returned to the lifeboat station.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash