SIR – I read with interest the article on the Vodafone problems in the Ilfracombe area which have existed for a long time.
I was one of the lucky ones who managed to escape from my contract to a rival company recently, a company which actually appears to care about its customers’ requirements for a mobile telephone.
I had to chuckle when I read the comment from Paul Morris, Vodafone’s Head of Government Affairs, when he claimed that Vodafone are making a major step forward with their Sure Signal product.
Like many people who took the trouble to complain to Vodafone, I was offered this as a solution - yes, they would give me the box free of charge, BUT it would cost more on my monthly contract AND of course, most importantly, it would only benefit the signal around my home providing I had a broadband connection - which I do with my normal landline.
This product is absolutely NO USE at all for people who use their mobile telephones, in the context for which they were developed - ie when mobile away from the home.
You may also want to watch:
I for one don’t care if I have no signal in my home - I have a landline - Vodafone totally continues to miss the point of the problems in this area.
Goodbye Vodafone, this customer of nearly 20 years’ standing will not be returning to yourselves.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington