Halloween charity ball cancelled
A CHARITY Halloween ball set to take place in Barnstaple on Saturday has been cancelled.
Organisers of the Twilight Ball thanked those who had bought tickets or entered the competition in last week’s Gazette but said they had to take the difficult decision to cancel due to lack of confirmed bookings.
“It’s very disappointing,” said Cathy Edwards of local charity the Jaden Cornelious Foundation.
“We’ve all spent so much time and effort but I guess that there’s not the amount of spare cash around that there was and maybe people are thinking about Christmas being just around the corner.
“We’ve got some quite good fund-raising ideas that have come off the back of the Twilight theme which won’t be so expensive to put on and will be discussing them at our next meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course be issuing full refunds to those people who have purchased tickets.”
- 1 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 2 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 5 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 6 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 7 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 8 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park