Halloween charity ball cancelled
A CHARITY Halloween ball set to take place in Barnstaple on Saturday has been cancelled.
Organisers of the Twilight Ball thanked those who had bought tickets or entered the competition in last week’s Gazette but said they had to take the difficult decision to cancel due to lack of confirmed bookings.
“It’s very disappointing,” said Cathy Edwards of local charity the Jaden Cornelious Foundation.
“We’ve all spent so much time and effort but I guess that there’s not the amount of spare cash around that there was and maybe people are thinking about Christmas being just around the corner.
“We’ve got some quite good fund-raising ideas that have come off the back of the Twilight theme which won’t be so expensive to put on and will be discussing them at our next meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course be issuing full refunds to those people who have purchased tickets.”
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling