Halloween charity ball cancelled
A CHARITY Halloween ball set to take place in Barnstaple on Saturday has been cancelled.
Organisers of the Twilight Ball thanked those who had bought tickets or entered the competition in last week’s Gazette but said they had to take the difficult decision to cancel due to lack of confirmed bookings.
“It’s very disappointing,” said Cathy Edwards of local charity the Jaden Cornelious Foundation.
“We’ve all spent so much time and effort but I guess that there’s not the amount of spare cash around that there was and maybe people are thinking about Christmas being just around the corner.
“We’ve got some quite good fund-raising ideas that have come off the back of the Twilight theme which won’t be so expensive to put on and will be discussing them at our next meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course be issuing full refunds to those people who have purchased tickets.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president