Halloween charity ball cancelled
A CHARITY Halloween ball set to take place in Barnstaple on Saturday has been cancelled.
Organisers of the Twilight Ball thanked those who had bought tickets or entered the competition in last week’s Gazette but said they had to take the difficult decision to cancel due to lack of confirmed bookings.
“It’s very disappointing,” said Cathy Edwards of local charity the Jaden Cornelious Foundation.
“We’ve all spent so much time and effort but I guess that there’s not the amount of spare cash around that there was and maybe people are thinking about Christmas being just around the corner.
“We’ve got some quite good fund-raising ideas that have come off the back of the Twilight theme which won’t be so expensive to put on and will be discussing them at our next meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course be issuing full refunds to those people who have purchased tickets.”
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021