Half-marathon places up for grabs
RUNNERS are being invited to apply for gold bond places for this year s Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon. Children s Hospice South West has seven places available for the 13.1-mile event taking place in London on Sunday, October 10. The half marathon,
RUNNERS are being invited to apply for gold bond places for this year's Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon.
Children's Hospice South West has seven places available for the 13.1-mile event taking place in London on Sunday, October 10.
The half marathon, now in its third year, winds through Hyde Park; Kensington Gardens; Green Park; St James' Park; and along the River Thames, taking in superb views of Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, Marble Arch, the London Eye and the Royal Albert Hall.
Would-be runners are being asked to raise a minimum of �350 to apply to run for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Roome, hospice community fund-raiser, said: "For those people a bit put off by the thought of taking part in a full marathon, the Royal Parks half marathon is an ideal compromise.
"Not only do you get the opportunity to take in some of London's most beautiful sights but you will also know that by taking part, you are helping to raise vital funds for a local charity that cares for hundreds of life-limited children and gives support to their families every year."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
For more information or to apply to be a part of this year's Royal Parks Half Marathon, contact Ian Roome on (01271) 325270 or email email@example.com