Half-marathon places up for grabs
RUNNERS are being invited to apply for gold bond places for this year s Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon. Children s Hospice South West has seven places available for the 13.1-mile event taking place in London on Sunday, October 10. The half marathon,
RUNNERS are being invited to apply for gold bond places for this year's Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon.
Children's Hospice South West has seven places available for the 13.1-mile event taking place in London on Sunday, October 10.
The half marathon, now in its third year, winds through Hyde Park; Kensington Gardens; Green Park; St James' Park; and along the River Thames, taking in superb views of Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, Marble Arch, the London Eye and the Royal Albert Hall.
Would-be runners are being asked to raise a minimum of �350 to apply to run for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Roome, hospice community fund-raiser, said: "For those people a bit put off by the thought of taking part in a full marathon, the Royal Parks half marathon is an ideal compromise.
"Not only do you get the opportunity to take in some of London's most beautiful sights but you will also know that by taking part, you are helping to raise vital funds for a local charity that cares for hundreds of life-limited children and gives support to their families every year."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
For more information or to apply to be a part of this year's Royal Parks Half Marathon, contact Ian Roome on (01271) 325270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org