‘Half and half’ affordable homes plan submitted for Landkey
- Credit: Archant
Devonshire homes submits detailed plans for 12 affordable and 12 open market properties.
DEVONSHIRE Homes has submitted detailed plans for 24 new homes on land at Landkey.
The development next to Birch and Denes roads will consist of 12 affordable and 12 open market properties.
Outline planning permission was granted in May and the new application details the design of the scheme, which Devonshire Homes says is intended to reflect the character of the wider area.
“We are proposing a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes in an attractively designed scheme featuring areas of landscaping to complement the style of the village,” said Steve Russell, interim managing director.
You may also want to watch:
Subject to planning permission, work is set to start early next year with the intention of delivering 18 new homes by the end of 2014.
Mr Russell added: “Our priority is meeting local housing needs urgently and we have therefore scheduled the delivery of all 12 affordable homes alongside six open market homes in time for Christmas 2014.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Devonshire Homes is currently marketing a residential development at Rumsam Meadows on the edge of Barnstaple.