‘Half and half’ affordable homes plan submitted for Landkey
- Credit: Archant
Devonshire homes submits detailed plans for 12 affordable and 12 open market properties.
DEVONSHIRE Homes has submitted detailed plans for 24 new homes on land at Landkey.
The development next to Birch and Denes roads will consist of 12 affordable and 12 open market properties.
Outline planning permission was granted in May and the new application details the design of the scheme, which Devonshire Homes says is intended to reflect the character of the wider area.
“We are proposing a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes in an attractively designed scheme featuring areas of landscaping to complement the style of the village,” said Steve Russell, interim managing director.
You may also want to watch:
Subject to planning permission, work is set to start early next year with the intention of delivering 18 new homes by the end of 2014.
Mr Russell added: “Our priority is meeting local housing needs urgently and we have therefore scheduled the delivery of all 12 affordable homes alongside six open market homes in time for Christmas 2014.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
Devonshire Homes is currently marketing a residential development at Rumsam Meadows on the edge of Barnstaple.