Haiti baby's home is Bideford ShelterBox
FROM Bideford with love – a ShelterBox home in trouble striken Haiti for young mother Ulrigue Idal and her baby Edwige, pictured here at just two days old. Shelterbox No. 38983, donated by Bideford people, was followed by a CNN television crew to the Hait
FROM Bideford with love - a ShelterBox home in trouble striken Haiti for young mother Ulrigue Idal and her baby Edwige, pictured here at just two days old.
Shelterbox No. 38983, donated by Bideford people, was followed by a CNN television crew to the Haiti earthquake zone.
They found Ulrigue living in the ShelterBox tent with her new baby after giving birth at the Centre D'Ebergement.
The ShelterBox, which was donated through Bideford Rotary Club on November 9 last year, was one of 800 boxes flown direct to Port-au-Prince airport on January 21, nine days after the earthquake.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford Rotary Club holds the world record for the number of boxes bought ffrom ShelterBox HQ, having been presented with a gold award for 150 boxes. That number has now grown to more than 160, of which 29 have gone to Haiti - and the club is busy collecting now to send more.
Club president Chris Blanchard said: "Very well done to all local people and Rotarians who have worked so hard to help. The photo of Ulrigue and baby Edwige really brings it home just how much ShelterBoxes are needed in Haiti.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386