Hairy Barnstaple doctors and nurses in close shave for charity
A hairy dozen male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple. All are welcome to go along to Buddy s Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�)
A "hairy dozen" male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple.
All are welcome to go along to Buddy's Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�) on the Strand from 7.30pm to see the 12 from North Devon District Hospital auction shaving rights to the highest bidder.
Friends, colleagues and others will vote for the winners of some hotly contested awards, including "Manliest Beard" and "Smoothest Face," before bidding for the right to shave their favourite candidate.
Staff nurse Andy Haydon persuaded eleven colleagues from the hospital's Medical Assessment Unit to join him in growing beards throughout the month of February, in anticipation of chopping it all off!
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped Sunday's Shave Off will raise enough money to buy a Shelter Box for victims of the Haiti earthquake disaster.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 5 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody