Hairy Barnstaple doctors and nurses in close shave for charity
A hairy dozen male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple. All are welcome to go along to Buddy s Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�)
A "hairy dozen" male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple.
All are welcome to go along to Buddy's Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�) on the Strand from 7.30pm to see the 12 from North Devon District Hospital auction shaving rights to the highest bidder.
Friends, colleagues and others will vote for the winners of some hotly contested awards, including "Manliest Beard" and "Smoothest Face," before bidding for the right to shave their favourite candidate.
Staff nurse Andy Haydon persuaded eleven colleagues from the hospital's Medical Assessment Unit to join him in growing beards throughout the month of February, in anticipation of chopping it all off!
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped Sunday's Shave Off will raise enough money to buy a Shelter Box for victims of the Haiti earthquake disaster.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president