Hairy Barnstaple doctors and nurses in close shave for charity
A hairy dozen male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple. All are welcome to go along to Buddy s Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�)
A "hairy dozen" male nurses and doctors are going to bid their beards farewell tomorrow (Sunday, February 28) to raise money for Haiti at a special Shave Off evening in Barnstaple.
All are welcome to go along to Buddy's Bar (formerly the Riverfront Caf�) on the Strand from 7.30pm to see the 12 from North Devon District Hospital auction shaving rights to the highest bidder.
Friends, colleagues and others will vote for the winners of some hotly contested awards, including "Manliest Beard" and "Smoothest Face," before bidding for the right to shave their favourite candidate.
Staff nurse Andy Haydon persuaded eleven colleagues from the hospital's Medical Assessment Unit to join him in growing beards throughout the month of February, in anticipation of chopping it all off!
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped Sunday's Shave Off will raise enough money to buy a Shelter Box for victims of the Haiti earthquake disaster.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death