Hair stylist’s marathon effort for brother
- Credit: Archant
Sarah takes on London in memory of younger brother Andrew.
BICKINGTON hair stylist Sarah Francis is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her brother.
The 42-year-old mum-of-two, lost her younger brother Andrew Parr to a stroke six years ago, aged just 31.
Sarah, who works at Headlines in Fremington, is running the event for the first time in aid of the Stroke Association.
A member of North Devon Road Runners, she qualified to take part after posting a time of three hours and 27 minutes in last year’s Taunton Marathon – her only previous attempt at 26 miles.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’ve done a lot of 20 mile runs and I’m feeling quite good about it.
“I’ve always watched the London Marathon on TV in the past but never actually thought I’d get the chance to do it myself.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Sarah will be cheered on by her family, including mum Jennifer Parr, from Tower Bridge.
If you would like to make a donation to support Sarah and the Stroke Association, visit her Virgin Giving page by clicking here.