Hair styling a snip for North Devon students
NORTH Devon College s NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf. The students were entered into the Junio
NORTH Devon College's NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf.
The students were entered into the Junior Stylist, Cut and Colour Photographic category of the competition. North Devon College art student Lindsey Ditchburn showcased her talents and helped prepare the entries by taking the photos.
The models were friends, relatives and fellow students that also gave up their time to help with the applications.
It was the first time the students had entered a national competition and from over 120 applicants, ten finalists were chosen. An amazing six of the 10 finalists were from North Devon College!
You may also want to watch:
"I was so emotional," said student Diane Russell on her reaction when hearing the good news, "it was brilliant!".
Student Natalie Parr added "I ran around the house I was so happy! It will be great to go to the final altogether as a team".
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
Claire Palmer, Lecturer and Team Leader said: "We were so shocked to get six students through to the finals, particularly for our first entry into a national competition! I am so proud of the staff and students involved. It is a fantastic achievement and it's a brilliant opportunity for the students and their futures."
The finals were held in Northampton. Unfortunately they were not placed as the winner or runner up, but all received a huge gift bag containing scissors, brushes and equipment and a certificate and to have six students in the final is an amazing achievement.