Hair styling a snip for North Devon students
NORTH Devon College s NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf. The students were entered into the Junio
NORTH Devon College's NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf.
The students were entered into the Junior Stylist, Cut and Colour Photographic category of the competition. North Devon College art student Lindsey Ditchburn showcased her talents and helped prepare the entries by taking the photos.
The models were friends, relatives and fellow students that also gave up their time to help with the applications.
It was the first time the students had entered a national competition and from over 120 applicants, ten finalists were chosen. An amazing six of the 10 finalists were from North Devon College!
You may also want to watch:
"I was so emotional," said student Diane Russell on her reaction when hearing the good news, "it was brilliant!".
Student Natalie Parr added "I ran around the house I was so happy! It will be great to go to the final altogether as a team".
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
Claire Palmer, Lecturer and Team Leader said: "We were so shocked to get six students through to the finals, particularly for our first entry into a national competition! I am so proud of the staff and students involved. It is a fantastic achievement and it's a brilliant opportunity for the students and their futures."
The finals were held in Northampton. Unfortunately they were not placed as the winner or runner up, but all received a huge gift bag containing scissors, brushes and equipment and a certificate and to have six students in the final is an amazing achievement.