Hair styling a snip for North Devon students
NORTH Devon College s NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf. The students were entered into the Junio
NORTH Devon College's NVQ 3 hairdressing students proved they are among the best snippers in the country after getting into the finals of the Guild/HairBoo Photo Stylist Competition 2009, sponsored by Schwarzkopf.
The students were entered into the Junior Stylist, Cut and Colour Photographic category of the competition. North Devon College art student Lindsey Ditchburn showcased her talents and helped prepare the entries by taking the photos.
The models were friends, relatives and fellow students that also gave up their time to help with the applications.
It was the first time the students had entered a national competition and from over 120 applicants, ten finalists were chosen. An amazing six of the 10 finalists were from North Devon College!
You may also want to watch:
"I was so emotional," said student Diane Russell on her reaction when hearing the good news, "it was brilliant!".
Student Natalie Parr added "I ran around the house I was so happy! It will be great to go to the final altogether as a team".
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
Claire Palmer, Lecturer and Team Leader said: "We were so shocked to get six students through to the finals, particularly for our first entry into a national competition! I am so proud of the staff and students involved. It is a fantastic achievement and it's a brilliant opportunity for the students and their futures."
The finals were held in Northampton. Unfortunately they were not placed as the winner or runner up, but all received a huge gift bag containing scissors, brushes and equipment and a certificate and to have six students in the final is an amazing achievement.