Guy's photograph is a winner
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition. Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography s National Photographic Awards, held in Cosfor
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition.
Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography's National Photographic Awards, held in Cosford, Shropshire last month.
His photograph of a traditional cheese maker, taken on assignment in the Swiss Alps, beat more than 1,500 professional entries from as far afield as Singapore, Japan, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The striking image won Guy, a licentiate of the British Institute of Professional Photography, an award in the press and PR category. The photograph will form part of the Focus on Imaging exhibition at Birmingham's NEC next March.
You may also want to watch:
BIPP President, Graham Rutherford FBIPP, said: "The standards we set in our awards are extremely high. This picture by Guy is an outstanding example of the best in British photography.
"All photographers joining our organisation go through a challenging qualifying procedure and people buying photography should be reassured to see the BIPP symbol alongside a photographer's name."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
Guy's winning image will be automatically entered into the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards, organised by the Federation of European Photographers. The winning photographs will be announced at a ceremony in Atwerp, Belgium, in December.