Guy's photograph is a winner
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition. Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography s National Photographic Awards, held in Cosfor
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition.
Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography's National Photographic Awards, held in Cosford, Shropshire last month.
His photograph of a traditional cheese maker, taken on assignment in the Swiss Alps, beat more than 1,500 professional entries from as far afield as Singapore, Japan, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The striking image won Guy, a licentiate of the British Institute of Professional Photography, an award in the press and PR category. The photograph will form part of the Focus on Imaging exhibition at Birmingham's NEC next March.
You may also want to watch:
BIPP President, Graham Rutherford FBIPP, said: "The standards we set in our awards are extremely high. This picture by Guy is an outstanding example of the best in British photography.
"All photographers joining our organisation go through a challenging qualifying procedure and people buying photography should be reassured to see the BIPP symbol alongside a photographer's name."
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Guy's winning image will be automatically entered into the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards, organised by the Federation of European Photographers. The winning photographs will be announced at a ceremony in Atwerp, Belgium, in December.