Growing contribution at Merry Harriers
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: Woolsery garden centre and restaurant keeps up support for the Chemo Appeal.
DURING the past few months Merry Harriers Garden Centre at Woolsery has worked hard to support The North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal, raising a total of £1,818.19 so far.
Halloween saw a ghoulish bash, with Ten Feet Tall supplying the music for an evening of good food and dancing raising £490.30 on the night through ticket sales and a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses.
Norman Wade kindly donated a superb dolls house he had spent the year creating especially for Merry Harriers to raffle off for Christmas, which raised a staggering £577.89.
In addition, Barclays Bank has donated £75, which will bring the total to an amazing £1,818.19.
You may also want to watch:
“The fundraising team would like to thank Merry Harriers and their supporters for raising a fantastic amount for the Chemotherapy Appeal which will help us to provide a purpose built unit to treat people with cancer in North Devon,” said fundraiser Julie Whitton on behalf of the appeal.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple