Group hopes to shine in night-time charity trek
Friends to take on walking marathon around London on Saturday night.
A GROUP of friends from Braunton are heading to the bright lights of London to take part in a special night-time walking marathon being held on Saturday.
Jackie Bagnall, Jane Shannon, Karen Smith, Aaron Vella, Helen Patterson, Fran Fallowfield and Debbie Vella will be following a 26.6 mile course around the streets of the capital, starting and finishing in Battersea Park.
Braunton Academy student, Aaron Vella, 13, will also be joining the group at the Shine event, being held for Cancer Research UK.
Since 2010 roughly 25,000 people have taken part in Shine to raise �6 million towards beating all 200 types of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor the team, www.justgiving.com/JaneShannon
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality