Group hopes to shine in night-time charity trek
Friends to take on walking marathon around London on Saturday night.
A GROUP of friends from Braunton are heading to the bright lights of London to take part in a special night-time walking marathon being held on Saturday.
Jackie Bagnall, Jane Shannon, Karen Smith, Aaron Vella, Helen Patterson, Fran Fallowfield and Debbie Vella will be following a 26.6 mile course around the streets of the capital, starting and finishing in Battersea Park.
Braunton Academy student, Aaron Vella, 13, will also be joining the group at the Shine event, being held for Cancer Research UK.
Since 2010 roughly 25,000 people have taken part in Shine to raise �6 million towards beating all 200 types of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor the team, www.justgiving.com/JaneShannon
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes