Greyhound charity's first event at Westward Ho!
A new North Devon dog charity is hosting its very first event to raise awareness and generate funds this Sunday Morwenstow Retired Greyhound Trust, which is one of 72 branches across the country set up to find homes for greyhounds when they retire from
A new North Devon dog charity is hosting its very first event to raise awareness and generate funds this Sunday
Morwenstow Retired Greyhound Trust, which is one of 72 branches across the country set up to find homes for greyhounds when they retire from their racing careers, is hosting a meet and greet afternoon on Sunday 30 May from 2pm.
Anyone who is considering a dog for a pet is encouraged to come along and meet some greyhounds who are looking for loving homes at Pebbleridge Cafe in Westward Ho!
Robert Hooper, from Morwenstow Retired Greyhound Trust, said: "We are delighted to be hosting our very first event. There will be a chance for potential new owners to chat to greyhound owners about the joys of having a greyhound as a pet. We will have Katie and Rebel, who need new loving homes, there for people to meet and pictures of all of the other greyhounds in our care who are looking for new homes.
You may also want to watch:
"Greyhounds make fantastic pets. They are extremely placid and adaptable dogs and can live happily with children and other pets. They also make excellent companions for the elderly because they are loving animals who do not require large amounts of exercise. Anyone who is interested is welcome to join us.
"We will also have a microchipping service available for any breed, which costs �15 per dog. Anyone is welcome to take advantage of this service, which helps to protect your dog if it should ever get lost," he added.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
For further information about Morwenstow Retired Greyhound Trust you can get in touch via the website MorwenstowRGT@aol.com or phone Robert Hooper on 01288 331725.