Greens meet in Barnstaple to plot election attack
- Credit: Archant
Devon members plan strategy for May’s county elections.
DEVON Green Party members and prospective candidates from all over the county gathered in Barnstaple on Saturday to launch the party’s manifesto for the forthcoming Devon County Council elections.
They met at the conference rooms at Barnstaple Town Station to put the finishing touches to an eight-point agenda that will form the basis of their campaigning during the next three months.
A party spokesperson said for the first time, the Greens intended to field a full slate of 62 candidates for the election on May 2.
Local councillor Ricky Knight said: “There is wide-ranging support for policies that address the dire economic situation we are in with plausible alternative solutions.
You may also want to watch:
“It is only low turn-out and justifiable voter apathy that lands us with this pendulum exchange of power from one grey party to another. The Green Party aspires to break that mould.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year