Green Man defies weather
DESPITE an unpromising weather forecast, the crowds turned out once again for the Pilton Festival and Green Man Day.
The big man himself led the colourful parade from Barnstaple Square to Pilton Street where he encountered the Prior of Pilton in the traditional costumed pageant in the grounds of Pilton House.
The village street was packed with craft stalls, a street market did brisk business and three stages featured live music from local bands throughout the day.
Visitors delighted in the floral displays in the Parish Church, where refreshments were also served.
A walking treasure hunt around the village took place on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures on this page were supplied by Barbara Fryer (www.barbarafryerphotography.com) and may be ordered by calling her on 07966502093
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl