Green Man defies weather
DESPITE an unpromising weather forecast, the crowds turned out once again for the Pilton Festival and Green Man Day.
The big man himself led the colourful parade from Barnstaple Square to Pilton Street where he encountered the Prior of Pilton in the traditional costumed pageant in the grounds of Pilton House.
The village street was packed with craft stalls, a street market did brisk business and three stages featured live music from local bands throughout the day.
Visitors delighted in the floral displays in the Parish Church, where refreshments were also served.
A walking treasure hunt around the village took place on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures on this page were supplied by Barbara Fryer (www.barbarafryerphotography.com) and may be ordered by calling her on 07966502093
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs