Green light for sharing recycling services with Mid Devon
NORTH Devon will share its waste and recycling services with Mid Devon Council, it has been announced. The executive of North Devon Council approved plans yesterday (Tuesday) to shared waste management arrangements with the neighbouring council. Mid Devon
NORTH Devon will share its waste and recycling services with Mid Devon Council, it has been announced.
The executive of North Devon Council approved plans yesterday (Tuesday) to shared waste management arrangements with the neighbouring council.
Mid Devon's Gary Pilling manage the service and work between both councils for the next 12 months, taking over from North Devon manager Martin Coles, who retries this month.
"Both councils need to make significant cost savings over the next few years," said North Devon Council Leader, Councillor Des Brailey.
You may also want to watch:
"One way to help address this is to share a head of service and streamline management, rather than reduce front line services.
"It also opens up opportunities in the future to work more closely with Mid Devon District Council, especially at our new Brynsworthy Environment Centre, which should be completed in the summer.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
"Gary Pilling brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge in waste and recycling, and we look forward to working with him."
Councillor Ray Radford at Mid Devon added: "This arrangement is exactly the kind of thing we should be doing to share expertise and reduce overheads while protecting frontline services.
"I've worked with Gary for many years and I know he will rise to this new challenge."
Gary will start working between both councils immediately, overseeing North Devon's waste and recycling services, which includes street cleaning.