A REUNION of ex-pupils was held on Wednesday, October 10 at the Rolle Quay Inn in Barnstaple to celebrate the period when Mr Phillip Heppenstall was headmaster of the boys’ secondary modern school, Vicarage Street, Barnstaple, between September 1939 and July 1951.
Mr Heppenstall later became the reverend and was awarded the MBE.
At least 35 ex-pupils attended and, on arrival, men on average of over 80 entered.
After a couple of hours reminiscing over their youthful escapades and having survived the grand sound of loud chatter, they left with a youthful spring in their step and calling jovial farewells to end a truly fraternal evening.
One was returning to Port Talbot and a couple to South Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for your part in publishing the earlier detail.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial