A REUNION of ex-pupils was held on Wednesday, October 10 at the Rolle Quay Inn in Barnstaple to celebrate the period when Mr Phillip Heppenstall was headmaster of the boys’ secondary modern school, Vicarage Street, Barnstaple, between September 1939 and July 1951.
Mr Heppenstall later became the reverend and was awarded the MBE.
At least 35 ex-pupils attended and, on arrival, men on average of over 80 entered.
After a couple of hours reminiscing over their youthful escapades and having survived the grand sound of loud chatter, they left with a youthful spring in their step and calling jovial farewells to end a truly fraternal evening.
One was returning to Port Talbot and a couple to South Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for your part in publishing the earlier detail.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs