The trustees of The Veterans Charity wish to thank the general public for generously supporting our bucket collections in the district of North Devon on May 21-22, 2013.
The sums raised in the district for the charity were as follows: Braunton (May 21) £159.53 collected in the village centre; Ilfracombe (May 21) £108.50 collected in the High Street and on the seafront; South Molton (May 22) £55.20 collected in the town centre.
Also on May 22, on the route of The Forces March, ie Ilfracombe, Combe Martin and Challacombe, £326.40, which included over £80 subscribed by the staff and residents of the Carlton Hotel, Ilfracombe.
We wish also to record our sincere appreciation of the people of Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire who supported The Forces March for the full five days as the participants passed from Ilfracombe to Bulford – and especially those who donated generously to our teams of collectors on the route or in supermarkets to either side.
We noticed a sharp and significant rise in the level of generosity after the horrendous death of Lee Rigby on Wednesday, May 22. Thank you everybody.
You may also want to watch:
The Veterans Charity strives to alleviate distress amongst veterans of all generations and all services by “modest provisions” delivered hopefully, within three days if not better.
Our support includes essential items like clothing, household goods, furniture, basic mobility aids and food vouchers as well as items like TVs, stereos and laptop computers.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Please note that the Forces March 2014 – our fifth year – will be held between May 21 and 25, 2014, and we would gladly welcome your support once more.
M J Massy-Beresford
Trustee, The Veterans Charity