Great Bake Off comes to Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Could you be crown town’s best cake baker?
ASPIRING bakers are being invited to show off their talents in the first ever Great Barum Bake Off.
The Valentine’s-themed event takes place on Friday, February 14, and as well as the honour of being crowned king or queen of the kitchen, there are some fantastic prizes up for grabs for the winner.
The competition is being hosted by charity Go North Devon and cakes entered will be used for a coffee and cake fundraiser being held at the Shopmobility Centre in Barnstaple that day.
Sharon Lynch, manager of Go North Devon and Barnstaple baker Graham Principe from East and West Bakery will judge the entries alongside North Devon Gazette editor Andy Keeble
You may also want to watch:
Andy said: “We’re seeing a renaissance in home baking thanks to shows like the Great British Bake Off so this competition is the perfect chance to put local skills to the test and raise money for a great local charity at the same time.
“If you think your cakes will rise to the occasion then grab a wooden spoon and a huge dollop of inspiration and get baking.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
The winner will receive a hamper of goodies generously donated by Pots ‘n’ Pans of Barnstaple, Cheristow Lavender Farm of Hartland, and Cookmate of Barnstaple.
Entry to the competition is free and cakes must be based on a Valentine’s theme. Entries can be submitted on Thursday, February 13 from 1-4pm.
Judging takes place the following morning and the winner will be announced immediately after.
Event organiser Hannah Baker said: “All the money raised from this event will go towards the running costs of our Out and About Club, a wonderful service that supports many vulnerable and isolated members of our local community.”
To request an entry form or for more information, telephone Hannah on 01271 328866, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Shopmobility Centre in Albert Lane.