- Credit: Archant
I read in your paper (“Contractors cut back for the council”, Gazette, May 8) that Torridge District Council (TDC) has taken on a new contractor for [grass cutting].
I noticed that it had not been completed, or so I thought. I was told by TDC that it had been done to their specification, but would now only be cut four times a year.
Devon County Council (DCC), who use the same contractor, are responsible for the verges – so why was it not all done at the same time?
Another resident rang DCC and was told they would look into it. We have yet to hear.
In the meantime, the entrance to this estate if fast becoming an eyesore. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this.
You may also want to watch:
What are we paying our council tax for?
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts