- Credit: Archant
I read in your paper (“Contractors cut back for the council”, Gazette, May 8) that Torridge District Council (TDC) has taken on a new contractor for [grass cutting].
I noticed that it had not been completed, or so I thought. I was told by TDC that it had been done to their specification, but would now only be cut four times a year.
Devon County Council (DCC), who use the same contractor, are responsible for the verges – so why was it not all done at the same time?
Another resident rang DCC and was told they would look into it. We have yet to hear.
In the meantime, the entrance to this estate if fast becoming an eyesore. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this.
What are we paying our council tax for?
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs