- Credit: Archant
I read in your paper (“Contractors cut back for the council”, Gazette, May 8) that Torridge District Council (TDC) has taken on a new contractor for [grass cutting].
I noticed that it had not been completed, or so I thought. I was told by TDC that it had been done to their specification, but would now only be cut four times a year.
Devon County Council (DCC), who use the same contractor, are responsible for the verges – so why was it not all done at the same time?
Another resident rang DCC and was told they would look into it. We have yet to hear.
In the meantime, the entrance to this estate if fast becoming an eyesore. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this.
You may also want to watch:
What are we paying our council tax for?
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward