- Credit: Archant
I read in your paper (“Contractors cut back for the council”, Gazette, May 8) that Torridge District Council (TDC) has taken on a new contractor for [grass cutting].
I noticed that it had not been completed, or so I thought. I was told by TDC that it had been done to their specification, but would now only be cut four times a year.
Devon County Council (DCC), who use the same contractor, are responsible for the verges – so why was it not all done at the same time?
Another resident rang DCC and was told they would look into it. We have yet to hear.
In the meantime, the entrance to this estate if fast becoming an eyesore. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this.
You may also want to watch:
What are we paying our council tax for?
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon