Grass cutters and hedge trimmers get to work
- Credit: Archant
New grounds maintenance contract begins
THE firm awarded a grass cutting contact for most of North Devon and Torridge has started work across the two districts.
ISS Facility Services Landscaping will also undertake all hedge trimming, shrub maintenance, cemetery works, burials, play area maintenance and tree work for Devon County Council, North Devon Council, Torridge District Council, Barnstaple Town Council and North Devon Homes until 2021.
The authorities estimate the grounds maintenance contact will save taxpayers more than £2 million over the next eight years.
Jenny Wallace, head of paid service at Torridge District Council, said: “Working in partnership like this simply has to be the way forward for local authorities. It makes financial and common sense.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne Jenkins, town clerk at Barnstaple Town Council, added: “We are really looking forward to working with ISS to improve the look of the town as a whole, and Rock Park in particular.”
Phil Jones, managing director of ISS, said: “Our goal is to develop a true partnership with all of the parties involved and provide their communities with parks and open spaces that they can be proud of.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial