Grass cutters and hedge trimmers get to work
- Credit: Archant
New grounds maintenance contract begins
THE firm awarded a grass cutting contact for most of North Devon and Torridge has started work across the two districts.
ISS Facility Services Landscaping will also undertake all hedge trimming, shrub maintenance, cemetery works, burials, play area maintenance and tree work for Devon County Council, North Devon Council, Torridge District Council, Barnstaple Town Council and North Devon Homes until 2021.
The authorities estimate the grounds maintenance contact will save taxpayers more than £2 million over the next eight years.
Jenny Wallace, head of paid service at Torridge District Council, said: “Working in partnership like this simply has to be the way forward for local authorities. It makes financial and common sense.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne Jenkins, town clerk at Barnstaple Town Council, added: “We are really looking forward to working with ISS to improve the look of the town as a whole, and Rock Park in particular.”
Phil Jones, managing director of ISS, said: “Our goal is to develop a true partnership with all of the parties involved and provide their communities with parks and open spaces that they can be proud of.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course