Grass cutters and hedge trimmers get to work
- Credit: Archant
New grounds maintenance contract begins
THE firm awarded a grass cutting contact for most of North Devon and Torridge has started work across the two districts.
ISS Facility Services Landscaping will also undertake all hedge trimming, shrub maintenance, cemetery works, burials, play area maintenance and tree work for Devon County Council, North Devon Council, Torridge District Council, Barnstaple Town Council and North Devon Homes until 2021.
The authorities estimate the grounds maintenance contact will save taxpayers more than £2 million over the next eight years.
Jenny Wallace, head of paid service at Torridge District Council, said: “Working in partnership like this simply has to be the way forward for local authorities. It makes financial and common sense.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne Jenkins, town clerk at Barnstaple Town Council, added: “We are really looking forward to working with ISS to improve the look of the town as a whole, and Rock Park in particular.”
Phil Jones, managing director of ISS, said: “Our goal is to develop a true partnership with all of the parties involved and provide their communities with parks and open spaces that they can be proud of.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer