Grants for Ilfracombe groups
- Credit: Archant
Small grants scheme makes a difference for community groups in the town.
FROM play days to soup and composters to pool tables Ilfracombe Town Council has supported more local causes with its small grants scheme.
The council has awarded £5,150 for the year 2012/13 to numerous community organisations to help them carry out their work or buy much-needed equipment. This is in addition to the £19,000 awarded earlier in the year.
Examples include numerous groups such as Slade Valley Youth Club, with £500 towards youth activities and projects.
Ilfracombe District AND Tourism Association received £300 towards the cost of bands for the summer on the seafront, while the Museum received the same to fund four family activity days.
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe Junior School also received £250 to buy an additional composter for the school garden.
“The town council is delighted to support such a wide range of organisations that play an important role within the community,” said the Mayor, Councillor Lynda Courtnadge after a visit to the junior school.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
“It was lovely to see the new composter being used so positively. It’s really great so many kids are interested in gardening and those I met were very keen.”