Grants available for biodiversity projects
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) team is making grants available from its Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) for the forthcoming year. Small grants of up to �10,000 could be awarded to anyone including individuals, communit
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) team is making grants available from its Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) for the forthcoming year.
Small grants of up to �10,000 could be awarded to anyone including individuals, community groups, clubs, parish councils and commercial businesses. The SDF can fund in the region of 50-75 per cent of the total cost of a project, with a requirement that it supports or benefits the purpose of AONB designation in North Devon.
This year is the International Year for Biodiversity, so the AONB team will be particularly interested in supporting small projects that will assist in the conservation of local habitats and wildlife.
To qualify, projects do not necessarily need to be within the designated North Devon AONB, and could be located within the UNESCO Biosphere area. However, they must demonstrate that they can benefit the AONB, further its purposes, be sustainable and have the support of the local community
The North Devon AONB team is now available to receive expressions of interest from people wishing to take advantage of this year's Fund, AONB project officer Dave Edgcombe said: "We are asking people to come forward with expressions of interest with regard to this Fund. If you have an environmental project, especially one that involves helping wildlife, then we would like to hear from you."
Dave and the team can be contacted at the Northern Devon Coast & Countryside Service Offices at Bideford Station, by telephoning 01237 423655 or by e-mail at
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
For the first round of applications, expressions of interest should be received by Friday, 19th February latest.
Further details about the Sustainable Development Fund and an Expression of Interest Form are available on the North Devon AONB website at: www.northdevon-aonb.org.