Grants available for biodiversity projects
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) team is making grants available from its Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) for the forthcoming year. Small grants of up to �10,000 could be awarded to anyone including individuals, communit
THE North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) team is making grants available from its Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) for the forthcoming year.
Small grants of up to �10,000 could be awarded to anyone including individuals, community groups, clubs, parish councils and commercial businesses. The SDF can fund in the region of 50-75 per cent of the total cost of a project, with a requirement that it supports or benefits the purpose of AONB designation in North Devon.
This year is the International Year for Biodiversity, so the AONB team will be particularly interested in supporting small projects that will assist in the conservation of local habitats and wildlife.
To qualify, projects do not necessarily need to be within the designated North Devon AONB, and could be located within the UNESCO Biosphere area. However, they must demonstrate that they can benefit the AONB, further its purposes, be sustainable and have the support of the local community
You may also want to watch:
The North Devon AONB team is now available to receive expressions of interest from people wishing to take advantage of this year's Fund, AONB project officer Dave Edgcombe said: "We are asking people to come forward with expressions of interest with regard to this Fund. If you have an environmental project, especially one that involves helping wildlife, then we would like to hear from you."
Dave and the team can be contacted at the Northern Devon Coast & Countryside Service Offices at Bideford Station, by telephoning 01237 423655 or by e-mail at
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
For the first round of applications, expressions of interest should be received by Friday, 19th February latest.
Further details about the Sustainable Development Fund and an Expression of Interest Form are available on the North Devon AONB website at: www.northdevon-aonb.org.