Grant boost for Northam Lodge project
A PROJECT to develop a new activities room at Northam Lodge, due to start this month, has been boosted by a donation by Torridge District Councillor Chris Leather of all his �2,000 annual grant allowance from the Community Grants Scheme.
Northam Lodge, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year, is a charity offering both residential and day care services for adults with learning and physical disabilities.
Annabel Cope, Fundraising and Publicity Assistant at Northam Lodge, said: “We’re delighted to receive this grant from Cllr Leather. It’s going towards a new activities room, to include specialised IT equipment, which will give our residents further opportunities to be able to communicate and express themselves.”
Cllr Leather said: “Northam Lodge is a real local charity and one which I know is set deep in the hearts of many local people. I can’t begin to express my admiration for the work the staff and volunteers do here and I hope that the new activities room provides something just a little extra for the residents.”
The Lodge is helped by many volunteers, but is currently looking for more people with specific skills - drivers, daytome assistants, painting and decorating, arts and crafts, gardening and maintenance,befriending, fund raising and community awareness, needlework, administration and IT.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call (01237) 477238 or go to www.northamlodge.co.uk
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed