Grand draw for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Tesco stores across North Devon have put up prizes worth hundreds-of-pounds for the Chemotherapy Appeal’s annual Christmas raffle.
TESCO stores across North Devon have teamed up to offer five luxury hamper prizes in a raffle for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The prizes include a chocolate hamper, booze hamper, sweet hamper, toy hamper and a brand new children’s bike and helmet.
Julie Whitton, fundraising manager for the Chemotherapy Appeal, said last year the raffle raised around £2,000.
“We have already sold 1,500 tickets and we’re hoping to smash last year’s target,” she told the Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of staff members have come forward at the hospital and have been selling tickets which is great.
“We’ll be having the grand draw in the hospital foyer on December 18 with the hospital choir performing.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
“It should be a lovely festive event for everyone.”
Tickets cost £1 each and are available from the hospital fundraising team or the foyer at North Devon District Hospital, the Chemo Appeal volunteers in Barnstaple Pannier Market and the Big Sheep Christmas Farmers’ Markets.