Government must pay for beach clean-up, says North Devon MP
THE Government must pay for any further work to clean up beaches, says North Devon MP Nick Harvey. He was commenting on a Government statement that it plans a beach clean-up following a European report on the state of Britain s beaches. Instow and Comb
THE Government must pay for any further work to clean up beaches, says North Devon MP Nick Harvey.
He was commenting on a Government statement that it plans a beach clean-up following a European report on the state of Britain's beaches.
Instow and Combe Martin have been cited as having below standard bathing water quality.
Mr Harvey said: "Devon enjoys some spectacular coastline and I welcome the Government's interest in bringing all our region's beaches to the same high standard.
You may also want to watch:
"However, I hope these efforts will be funded by the Government and that it won't fall to the local people to pay through a further hike in water prices.
"Customers in the South West already pay the highest water rates in the country and should not have to stump up any more to enjoy the region's beaches.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon