Goodbye Mrs Lollipop
BARNSTAPLE lollipop lady Yasmin Perryman has hung up her sign after 28 years service.
Yasmin has spent all that time seeing pupils across the road outside Our Lady’s Catholic School, apart from one brief spell at Yeo Valley.
“I started in October 1983 and intended to do the job just until the Christmas. I was told that if I lasted the winter I would be all right,” said Yasmin.
“The nicest thing about the job has been the children. I am on a second generation and have now been seeing the children of former pupils across the road,” she said. “I have also had a lot of laughs with the parents.”
She said farewell on Friday and received gifts from the school and some cards and presents from grateful mums.
You may also want to watch:
Yasmin is now keen to encourage someone else to come forward to take over her job and continue to keep the children safe.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted