Good times for Barnstaple Pannier Market
BARNSTAPLE Pannier Market has been praised as a Devon delight in a recent national trade publication. A reporter, from Market Trader newspaper, undertook a mystery shop of the market and reported how impressed he was with its many aspects. He described
BARNSTAPLE Pannier Market has been praised as a "Devon delight" in a recent national trade publication.
A reporter, from Market Trader newspaper, undertook a mystery shop of the market and reported how impressed he was with its many aspects. He described it as "massive, lofty, light, airy and stunning", with the produce for sale "universally excellent".
The acclaim comes as the market, managed by North Devon Council, has reported a 25 per cent rise in custom since the recession began.
Market manager, Simon Curry, said: "This is a great accolade for the market and all its traders, especially to be recognised this way by our industry peers.
"We have recently confirmed a 25 per cent rise in footfall since the recession and our research shows that people are coming a very long way especially for what we offer."
The market is open from 9am to 4pm, all year round. General Markets take place on Tuesday, Friday and Saturdays, while craft and general markets are held on Thursdays and on Mondays, from April. Antiques and collectables markets are held on Wednesdays.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers