Good marks for North Devon students as A Level results come in
STUDENTS across North Devon have once again been celebrating – or commiserating – as their A Levels results were revealed on Thursday. A number of hard working teenagers gained the new and much talked-about A* grade which nationally has helped break the e
STUDENTS across North Devon have once again been celebrating - or commiserating - as their A Levels results were revealed on Thursday.
A number of hard working teenagers gained the new and much talked-about A* grade which nationally has helped break the exam pass rate record for the 28th year in a row, taking it to 97.6 per cent.
Students and staff at Petroc in Barnstaple were celebrating another excellent set of results, as 158 results scored top marks with A and A* grades, 37 at the new higher grade. Overall, Petroc Barnstaple's pass rate of 97.48 was in line with the national average.
West Buckland School is also celebrating an outstanding set of results. As 99.1 per cent of students gained an A Level pass, with 71 per cent getting A* to B grades and 14 per cent of all A Levels were passed at A*.
You may also want to watch:
Students at Kingsley School in Bideford recorded an overall A Level pass rate of 97 per cent, with seven per cent at A* grade, 23 per cent at grade A, and 32 per cent at grade B. In total, 82.5 per cent of the grades were at A* to C - a new school record.
See more on North Devon's A Level results in the Gazette next week.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple