Good marks for North Devon students as A Level results come in
STUDENTS across North Devon have once again been celebrating – or commiserating – as their A Levels results were revealed on Thursday. A number of hard working teenagers gained the new and much talked-about A* grade which nationally has helped break the e
STUDENTS across North Devon have once again been celebrating - or commiserating - as their A Levels results were revealed on Thursday.
A number of hard working teenagers gained the new and much talked-about A* grade which nationally has helped break the exam pass rate record for the 28th year in a row, taking it to 97.6 per cent.
Students and staff at Petroc in Barnstaple were celebrating another excellent set of results, as 158 results scored top marks with A and A* grades, 37 at the new higher grade. Overall, Petroc Barnstaple's pass rate of 97.48 was in line with the national average.
West Buckland School is also celebrating an outstanding set of results. As 99.1 per cent of students gained an A Level pass, with 71 per cent getting A* to B grades and 14 per cent of all A Levels were passed at A*.
You may also want to watch:
Students at Kingsley School in Bideford recorded an overall A Level pass rate of 97 per cent, with seven per cent at A* grade, 23 per cent at grade A, and 32 per cent at grade B. In total, 82.5 per cent of the grades were at A* to C - a new school record.
See more on North Devon's A Level results in the Gazette next week.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 6 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon