Gongs for the ‘green-fingered’ at autumn show
Prize growers honoured at annual horticultural society show
THE area’s prize growers and producers were recognised at Barnstaple and District Horticultural Society’s Autumn Show on Saturday.
Among the local champions presented with cups and certificates at St John’s Garden Centre were South Molton Flower Club’s Rosemary Bulled, who won the James Cup for best in show and the Penhale Cup for runner up in the floral art section. The Hulland Shield for most points in floral art went to Lyn Prust.
The chrysanthemum section was won by Colin Wilkins, with Gordon Willmetts winning the vegetable and Mr Church winning the fruit section.
Other winners included Sue McNeill for handicraft, Wendy Wilkins for jam and preserves, and Olive Buckingham for cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Young horticulturalist Hana Wilkins won the “animal made from a vegetable” section with her “Green Pepper Frog”.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'