Gongs for the ‘green-fingered’ at autumn show
Prize growers honoured at annual horticultural society show
THE area’s prize growers and producers were recognised at Barnstaple and District Horticultural Society’s Autumn Show on Saturday.
Among the local champions presented with cups and certificates at St John’s Garden Centre were South Molton Flower Club’s Rosemary Bulled, who won the James Cup for best in show and the Penhale Cup for runner up in the floral art section. The Hulland Shield for most points in floral art went to Lyn Prust.
The chrysanthemum section was won by Colin Wilkins, with Gordon Willmetts winning the vegetable and Mr Church winning the fruit section.
Other winners included Sue McNeill for handicraft, Wendy Wilkins for jam and preserves, and Olive Buckingham for cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Young horticulturalist Hana Wilkins won the “animal made from a vegetable” section with her “Green Pepper Frog”.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton