Golden coast fundraising dawns
- Credit: Archant
New Marie Curie fundraising group for North Devon.
A NEW Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraising group is to be launched on North Devon’s Golden Coast.
The volunteer group will cover Ilfracombe, Woolacombe, Combe Martin and Croyde, and work to raise money and awareness for the charity.
The Golden Coast Fundraising Group will hold its first meeting and launch at The Larkstone Café in Ilfracombe on Thursday (July 18) at 2.30pm. All welcome to come along and find out more. Light refreshments available..
They will also be supporting Marie Curie’s major fundraising campaigns such as the Great Daffodil Appeal or Blooming Great Tea Party.
You may also want to watch:
“The new Fundraising Group on North Devon’s Coastline will make a huge difference locally, by helping to raise the vital funds needed to support Marie Curie Nurses, who provide free care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes,” said Sarah Washington, community fundraiser for Marie Curie.
To join the group, or to find out more and other ways to support the charity, call Marie Curie on 01884 703535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple