Going Green in Bideford: Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask...
- Credit: Archant
Free event this Saturday and Sunday (May 18/19) to visit local homes and discover how people have been getting on with green solutions.
ANYONE considering whether ‘going green’ is right for them is invited to join a series of visits to local homes to find out how others have got on.
Voluntary group Bideford Sustainability is hosting the free event on Saturday and Sunday (May 18 and 19), when people will be able to see woodburners, photovoltaic solar panels, rainwater harvesting, solid wall insulation, LED lights and other installations in action.
A total of 12 homes in the area are taking part and visitors will also be able to chat to the householders about their experiences with the green solutions - and learn from their mistakes and successes.
Organiser Philip Jones said it was often difficult for people to justify spending money on the latest green installation when all they had to go by was the advertising material.
You may also want to watch:
“I was able to talk candidly with someone who had installed a modern efficient woodburner about how it works and this was a great help in deciding to go ahead and buy one myself,” he said.
* It is all free, but people who wish to take part do need to book in advance. There is an online booking system at www.bidefordsustain.org and clicking on Seeing Green or by calling 01237 474123.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple