Barnstaple’s Go North Devon Shopmobility centre to reopen
- Credit: Go North Devon
Go North Devon’s Shopmobility service in Barnstaple will reopen on Monday, July 6.
It will be run on an appointment system, with new opening times and procedures that will ensure the safety of clients, staff and volunteers.
Go North Devon has said due to social distancing measures there will be no access to the reception area at the centre in Albert Lane (next to the bus station).
All equipment will be brought out to clients under the canopy or to the car park, depending on client preference.
Shopmobility provides the hire of wheelchairs and scooters for those who have mobility problems and who wish to independently access Barnstaple town centre facilities for a few hours (Mondy to Friday) or to hire portable equipment for a longer period of time.
You may also want to watch:
As Go North Devon is not working with its usual complement of team members, it will be offering the service on an appointment system only, Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 2.30pm, until further notice.
A full list of operating procedures can be found at www.gonorthdevon.co.uk or call 01271 328866.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved