Go medieval at Braunton Village Fayre
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31. The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31.
The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground and with this year's medieval theme, there will be plenty of historical hijinks to entertain the whole family.
Knights from re-enactment group the Devon Medieval Combat Alliance will be staging displays throughout the day, with blood curdling mock battles as well as the chance to try on arms and armour and talk to the characters to find out more about the middle ages.
Visitors of all ages are invited to come along in medieval fancy dress and there will be a grand parade at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
There is plenty to see and do, with a youth football tournament, a family dog show, refreshments, plus the usual wide variety of stalls with games, things to buy and displays by local organisations.
Proceeds from the fair go to charity and this year the Rotary Club has chosen the RNIB and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
For a stall at the fayre or more information, contact Alan Cunnington on (01271) 813494.