Go medieval at Braunton Village Fayre
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31. The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31.
The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground and with this year's medieval theme, there will be plenty of historical hijinks to entertain the whole family.
Knights from re-enactment group the Devon Medieval Combat Alliance will be staging displays throughout the day, with blood curdling mock battles as well as the chance to try on arms and armour and talk to the characters to find out more about the middle ages.
Visitors of all ages are invited to come along in medieval fancy dress and there will be a grand parade at the end of the day.
There is plenty to see and do, with a youth football tournament, a family dog show, refreshments, plus the usual wide variety of stalls with games, things to buy and displays by local organisations.
Proceeds from the fair go to charity and this year the Rotary Club has chosen the RNIB and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 10 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
For a stall at the fayre or more information, contact Alan Cunnington on (01271) 813494.