Go medieval at Braunton Village Fayre
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31. The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31.
The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground and with this year's medieval theme, there will be plenty of historical hijinks to entertain the whole family.
Knights from re-enactment group the Devon Medieval Combat Alliance will be staging displays throughout the day, with blood curdling mock battles as well as the chance to try on arms and armour and talk to the characters to find out more about the middle ages.
Visitors of all ages are invited to come along in medieval fancy dress and there will be a grand parade at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
There is plenty to see and do, with a youth football tournament, a family dog show, refreshments, plus the usual wide variety of stalls with games, things to buy and displays by local organisations.
Proceeds from the fair go to charity and this year the Rotary Club has chosen the RNIB and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
For a stall at the fayre or more information, contact Alan Cunnington on (01271) 813494.