Go medieval at Braunton Village Fayre
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31. The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground
MEDIEVAL mayhem is on offer next month when the annual Braunton Village Fayre returns for the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday, May 31.
The popular charity event is organised by Braunton Rotary Club and once again takes place at the village Recreation Ground and with this year's medieval theme, there will be plenty of historical hijinks to entertain the whole family.
Knights from re-enactment group the Devon Medieval Combat Alliance will be staging displays throughout the day, with blood curdling mock battles as well as the chance to try on arms and armour and talk to the characters to find out more about the middle ages.
Visitors of all ages are invited to come along in medieval fancy dress and there will be a grand parade at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
There is plenty to see and do, with a youth football tournament, a family dog show, refreshments, plus the usual wide variety of stalls with games, things to buy and displays by local organisations.
Proceeds from the fair go to charity and this year the Rotary Club has chosen the RNIB and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
For a stall at the fayre or more information, contact Alan Cunnington on (01271) 813494.