Go for a walk with North Devon Ramblers
THE Ramblers Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that s
THE Ramblers' Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers' groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that spring from regular walking.
The North Devon group will be taking part in a walk that starts at 11.00am at The Heritage Centre in Barnstaple.
The walk, which goes at an easy pace on good paths, will be just 2.5 miles long. Walkers will explore the historic Pilton area of the town and dip into the countryside just beyond, returning by about 1pm. Experienced group members will be on hand to help people consider what regular walking can do for them. As an added incentive, Ramblers' membership will be available to people taking part for just �1. Details of the offer will be explained on the day.
Joan Long, group chairman, said: "Come along to The Heritage Centre on the 23rd and learn to share our love of walking; enjoy the company of a friendly group discovering little-known corners of North Devon's outstanding coast and countryside while keeping fit in body and mind. Do give it a go."
You may also want to watch:
People wanting to know more can ring Joan on (01271) 376274, Jan on 376714 or Linda on 373638. Information on all the group's walks can be found on its website at: www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level