Go for a walk with North Devon Ramblers
THE Ramblers Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that s
THE Ramblers' Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers' groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that spring from regular walking.
The North Devon group will be taking part in a walk that starts at 11.00am at The Heritage Centre in Barnstaple.
The walk, which goes at an easy pace on good paths, will be just 2.5 miles long. Walkers will explore the historic Pilton area of the town and dip into the countryside just beyond, returning by about 1pm. Experienced group members will be on hand to help people consider what regular walking can do for them. As an added incentive, Ramblers' membership will be available to people taking part for just �1. Details of the offer will be explained on the day.
Joan Long, group chairman, said: "Come along to The Heritage Centre on the 23rd and learn to share our love of walking; enjoy the company of a friendly group discovering little-known corners of North Devon's outstanding coast and countryside while keeping fit in body and mind. Do give it a go."
People wanting to know more can ring Joan on (01271) 376274, Jan on 376714 or Linda on 373638. Information on all the group's walks can be found on its website at: www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity