Go for a walk with North Devon Ramblers
THE Ramblers Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that s
THE Ramblers' Get Walking Day this year is on Sunday, May 23 when some 90 Ramblers' groups nationwide will be putting on short taster walks for the public. The aim is to encourage everyone to try out a pleasant walk and to think about the benefits that spring from regular walking.
The North Devon group will be taking part in a walk that starts at 11.00am at The Heritage Centre in Barnstaple.
The walk, which goes at an easy pace on good paths, will be just 2.5 miles long. Walkers will explore the historic Pilton area of the town and dip into the countryside just beyond, returning by about 1pm. Experienced group members will be on hand to help people consider what regular walking can do for them. As an added incentive, Ramblers' membership will be available to people taking part for just �1. Details of the offer will be explained on the day.
Joan Long, group chairman, said: "Come along to The Heritage Centre on the 23rd and learn to share our love of walking; enjoy the company of a friendly group discovering little-known corners of North Devon's outstanding coast and countryside while keeping fit in body and mind. Do give it a go."
You may also want to watch:
People wanting to know more can ring Joan on (01271) 376274, Jan on 376714 or Linda on 373638. Information on all the group's walks can be found on its website at: www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land