Go batty at Bicclescombe
- Credit: Archant
Free wildlife and bat walk at the Ilfracombe park on Thursday, May 23.
WILDLIFE enthusiasts can enjoy a night-time walk on the wild side next week at Bicclescombe Park in Ilfracombe.
North Devon Council’s Parks team will be leading a bat walk through Bicclescombe Park on Thursday, May 23, meeting at the tea-rooms at 8pm.
The event is free and open to all ages. However, children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Executive member for leisure and culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, says: “Regular visitors will of course be familiar with the many birds and other day-time inhabitants of the park. However, this is an opportunity to catch a glimpse of the less familiar creatures that make Bicclescombe their home.”
You may also want to watch:
The main bat species that will be seen or heard during the walk will be the pipistrelle. However, there could also be one or two other species that are spotted during the one-and-a-half hour walk.
There will be a number of bat detectors available to use on the walk and participants are encouraged to bring along their own equipment where possible.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Places are limited so booking is essential. Call the parks team on 01272 388326, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to the tea rooms at Bicclescombe Park to book.