Give us a voice
TALENTED young operatic singer Tamsin Ball will be helping to give others a voice when she heads the cast of a variety spectacular being held at The Pier House in Westward Ho! next month.
Tamsin will be supported by a strong cast of fellow local performers in the Give Us A Voice show on June 11, which will raise funds for Northam Lodge, which provides services for those with learning and physical disabilities.
The money will go towards the Lodge’s new IT centre, with state-of-the-art, touch-screen computers that will give some of its residents a ‘voice’ for the first time in their lives.
Supporting her on the bill will be other local favourites, including singer and entertainer Mike Roberts, Abe Bragger as Frank Sinatra, Ian Hudson with Wing and a Prayer, comic John Krey and MC Ken Danson.
Northam Lodge currently has 24 adults with profound learning disability living in three separate houses, most needing 24-hour care.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this event are available from Maurice Heather on (01237) 470006, Fiona White or Annabel Cope at Northam Lodge on (01237) 477238. Tickets are �8 each and the evening kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon