Give us a voice
TALENTED young operatic singer Tamsin Ball will be helping to give others a voice when she heads the cast of a variety spectacular being held at The Pier House in Westward Ho! next month.
Tamsin will be supported by a strong cast of fellow local performers in the Give Us A Voice show on June 11, which will raise funds for Northam Lodge, which provides services for those with learning and physical disabilities.
The money will go towards the Lodge’s new IT centre, with state-of-the-art, touch-screen computers that will give some of its residents a ‘voice’ for the first time in their lives.
Supporting her on the bill will be other local favourites, including singer and entertainer Mike Roberts, Abe Bragger as Frank Sinatra, Ian Hudson with Wing and a Prayer, comic John Krey and MC Ken Danson.
Northam Lodge currently has 24 adults with profound learning disability living in three separate houses, most needing 24-hour care.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this event are available from Maurice Heather on (01237) 470006, Fiona White or Annabel Cope at Northam Lodge on (01237) 477238. Tickets are �8 each and the evening kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl