Give us a voice
TALENTED young operatic singer Tamsin Ball will be helping to give others a voice when she heads the cast of a variety spectacular being held at The Pier House in Westward Ho! next month.
Tamsin will be supported by a strong cast of fellow local performers in the Give Us A Voice show on June 11, which will raise funds for Northam Lodge, which provides services for those with learning and physical disabilities.
The money will go towards the Lodge’s new IT centre, with state-of-the-art, touch-screen computers that will give some of its residents a ‘voice’ for the first time in their lives.
Supporting her on the bill will be other local favourites, including singer and entertainer Mike Roberts, Abe Bragger as Frank Sinatra, Ian Hudson with Wing and a Prayer, comic John Krey and MC Ken Danson.
Northam Lodge currently has 24 adults with profound learning disability living in three separate houses, most needing 24-hour care.
Tickets for this event are available from Maurice Heather on (01237) 470006, Fiona White or Annabel Cope at Northam Lodge on (01237) 477238. Tickets are �8 each and the evening kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 6 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs