Give us a voice
TALENTED young operatic singer Tamsin Ball will be helping to give others a voice when she heads the cast of a variety spectacular being held at The Pier House in Westward Ho! next month.
Tamsin will be supported by a strong cast of fellow local performers in the Give Us A Voice show on June 11, which will raise funds for Northam Lodge, which provides services for those with learning and physical disabilities.
The money will go towards the Lodge’s new IT centre, with state-of-the-art, touch-screen computers that will give some of its residents a ‘voice’ for the first time in their lives.
Supporting her on the bill will be other local favourites, including singer and entertainer Mike Roberts, Abe Bragger as Frank Sinatra, Ian Hudson with Wing and a Prayer, comic John Krey and MC Ken Danson.
Northam Lodge currently has 24 adults with profound learning disability living in three separate houses, most needing 24-hour care.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this event are available from Maurice Heather on (01237) 470006, Fiona White or Annabel Cope at Northam Lodge on (01237) 477238. Tickets are �8 each and the evening kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage