Give up your car
On reading the story of Mrs Lee, a disabled pensioner, if she is that unwell it’s time she gave up her car (“I feel victimised”, Gazette, September 18, front page).
Running a car, as we all know, costs a lot of money – road tax, petrol, maintaining a car, petrol, the list goes on, and on top of that she has parking fines.
I am sure a local taxi firm could give her a good rate for a year of taking her around, her own driver any time she wants.
No more fines, no more bills for her car, and above all, peace of mind.
I am sure she would feel so much better and could stay in her own home.
You may also want to watch:
Life is too short, without worrying all the time.
God bless you, my love, just do it.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Mrs M Day