Give blood before jetting off on hols
Please give blood: People across North Devon have been invited to give blood before jetting off on their summer holidays.
NHS Blood and Transplant has reminded local donors not to forget to donate before the busy period and especially since there are restrictions on donating after travelling to certain parts of the world.
Donor sessions are being held in Barnstaple on Wednesday, July 6 at Roundswell Community Centre and on Wednesday, July 13 at Christ Church in Bear Street.
There is a session at the Pollyfield Centre in Bideford on Friday, July 15 and at the Landmark in Ilfracombe on July 21 and 22. The Methodist Hall in South Molton will also hold a session on July 27.
Sessions at every venue run from 1-3.15pm and again at 5-7.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal