Give a moggy mum a ‘purr-fect’ home this Mother’s Day
Barnstaple Cats Protection is looking for a new home for a devoted mother and son tabby pair.
ANYONE thinking of adopting a cat is being asked not to forget the many lonely “moggy mums” out there this Mother’s Day.
At a time of year when people are indulging their own mothers, Barnstaple Cats Protection would like people to consider giving an unwanted moggy matriarch the “purr-fect” gift of a loving new home.
A particularly special tabby pair seeking a new home this Mother’s Day is gentle 19-year-old mum Mittens and her 17-year-old son Felix.
“Mittens came into our care in January after her previous owner could note care for her any more,” said fosterer Amanda Budd.
You may also want to watch:
“They have spent their whole lives together, and we are now looking for a special home for them to spend the rest of their days.”
Both have a health condition and need medication as well as a special food, but Cats Protection will pay for vet bills and medication food for the rest of their lives under its Golden Oldies Scheme.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
Mittens is a beautiful petite Tabby cat with large emerald green eyes, who loves nothing more than to sit on a warm lap and be cuddled. Felix, although poorly, also craves attention and likes to sit on a window sill, and be brushed gently.
Sue Carder at Barnstaple Cats Protection added: “People tend to choose cute fluffy kittens but the mum cats that come into our care are just as in need of new homes and can make wonderful family pets.
“It is a shame these mums, which have done a great job raising their kittens, are left on the shelf.”
If you can help a moggy mum on Mother’s Day, or want to find out more about rehoming, call 08453 714203, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.cats.org.uk/barnstaple.