Give a Gift to North Devon foodbanks this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Find out how you can give a gift and help North Devon families in crisis over the festive holiday during our annual appeal.
The Gazette is once again asking readers to dig deep and help families in crisis by giving a gift to their local food bank this Christmas.
We have teamed up with Northern Devon Foodbank for the past three years to help put a few special extras on the tables of more than 500 families at Christmas.
This year, foodbanks in Barnstaple, Bideford, Ilfracombe and South Molton have distributed emergency food parcels to 4,000 people.
The foodbank gives out three-day emergency food parcels to those referred to the service, including staples such as meat, pasta, beans and teabags.
You may also want to watch:
But extras such as mince pies, chocolates, or crackers could make a small difference for those families.
Preferred items are listed on below, as well as a list of drop-off points and opening times for donations.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
All donations must be made by Friday, December 16.
Any non-perishable food items are welcome, but some ideas include:
Please note: Alcohol cannot be accepted.
Drop off points for donations
North Devon Gazette, Old Station Road, Barnstaple: Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm
Barnstaple foodbank, St John’s Community Centre: Mon, Weds and Fri: 10.30am-1.30pm
Bideford foodbank, Supreme House, Pitt Lane: Mon, Wed and Fri: 10.30am-1.30pm
Ilfracombe foodbank, Salvation Army Hall, Torrs Park: Tues and Fri: 10.30am-1.30pm
South Molton foodbank, YMCA Centre, Mill Street: Thursday: 10am-midday.