Gift for Pilton Bluecoat forest school
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons. Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution. Paul Mulligan, head teacher at t
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons.
Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution.
Paul Mulligan, head teacher at the school, said: "Thanks to this donation of equipment from Western Power Distribution, our children have been able to gain first hand experience of what is involved in forest school skills."
Pilton Bluecoat has a partner school in Norway and it is through this relationship that Paul and his team started to consider how they could incorporate the forest school movement into their school curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
Paul explained: "We put a great deal of emphasis on children working from relevant and hands-on experience, so developing this programme seemed a natural progression for us. Everyone involved from children to teaching staff can gain personal growth and development in these sessions and this equipment will be very useful to the school and wider community we also hope to involve.".
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe