Gift for Pilton Bluecoat forest school
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons. Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution. Paul Mulligan, head teacher at t
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons.
Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution.
Paul Mulligan, head teacher at the school, said: "Thanks to this donation of equipment from Western Power Distribution, our children have been able to gain first hand experience of what is involved in forest school skills."
Pilton Bluecoat has a partner school in Norway and it is through this relationship that Paul and his team started to consider how they could incorporate the forest school movement into their school curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
Paul explained: "We put a great deal of emphasis on children working from relevant and hands-on experience, so developing this programme seemed a natural progression for us. Everyone involved from children to teaching staff can gain personal growth and development in these sessions and this equipment will be very useful to the school and wider community we also hope to involve.".
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses