Gift for Pilton Bluecoat forest school
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons. Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution. Paul Mulligan, head teacher at t
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons.
Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution.
Paul Mulligan, head teacher at the school, said: "Thanks to this donation of equipment from Western Power Distribution, our children have been able to gain first hand experience of what is involved in forest school skills."
Pilton Bluecoat has a partner school in Norway and it is through this relationship that Paul and his team started to consider how they could incorporate the forest school movement into their school curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
Paul explained: "We put a great deal of emphasis on children working from relevant and hands-on experience, so developing this programme seemed a natural progression for us. Everyone involved from children to teaching staff can gain personal growth and development in these sessions and this equipment will be very useful to the school and wider community we also hope to involve.".
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty