Gift for Pilton Bluecoat forest school
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons. Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution. Paul Mulligan, head teacher at t
CHILDREN at Pilton Bluecoat Primary in Barnstaple have taken delivery of some much needed equipment for their Forest School lessons.
Hand tools and a shed to store them in have been donated by Western Power Distribution.
Paul Mulligan, head teacher at the school, said: "Thanks to this donation of equipment from Western Power Distribution, our children have been able to gain first hand experience of what is involved in forest school skills."
Pilton Bluecoat has a partner school in Norway and it is through this relationship that Paul and his team started to consider how they could incorporate the forest school movement into their school curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
Paul explained: "We put a great deal of emphasis on children working from relevant and hands-on experience, so developing this programme seemed a natural progression for us. Everyone involved from children to teaching staff can gain personal growth and development in these sessions and this equipment will be very useful to the school and wider community we also hope to involve.".
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?