Gift-aided donations boost charity shop
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington. We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1 s worth of goods that
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington.
We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1's worth of goods that we sell.
We started the scheme on July 20 and to date we have sold more than �1,000 of gift-aided' stock.
This will raise a significant amount from the HMRC and will be a considerable boost to the Red Cross income.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a UK tax payer you can sign up to this scheme. We are in urgent need of good quality clothing, so why not donate them to us and know that the tax man is not getting all of your hard earned money! Once again, thank you from us all at the shop .
Amanda Shearing, Torrington.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton