Gift-aided donations boost charity shop
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington. We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1 s worth of goods that
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington.
We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1's worth of goods that we sell.
We started the scheme on July 20 and to date we have sold more than �1,000 of gift-aided' stock.
This will raise a significant amount from the HMRC and will be a considerable boost to the Red Cross income.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a UK tax payer you can sign up to this scheme. We are in urgent need of good quality clothing, so why not donate them to us and know that the tax man is not getting all of your hard earned money! Once again, thank you from us all at the shop .
Amanda Shearing, Torrington.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre