Gift-aided donations boost charity shop
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington. We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1 s worth of goods that
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington.
We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1's worth of goods that we sell.
We started the scheme on July 20 and to date we have sold more than �1,000 of gift-aided' stock.
This will raise a significant amount from the HMRC and will be a considerable boost to the Red Cross income.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a UK tax payer you can sign up to this scheme. We are in urgent need of good quality clothing, so why not donate them to us and know that the tax man is not getting all of your hard earned money! Once again, thank you from us all at the shop .
Amanda Shearing, Torrington.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon