Gift-aided donations boost charity shop
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington. We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1 s worth of goods that
SIR - I would like to say a huge thank you from the team at the British Red Cross shop in Torrington.
We recently launched our new Gift Aid scheme where we can now sell donated items and claim 28p back from the tax man for every �1's worth of goods that we sell.
We started the scheme on July 20 and to date we have sold more than �1,000 of gift-aided' stock.
This will raise a significant amount from the HMRC and will be a considerable boost to the Red Cross income.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a UK tax payer you can sign up to this scheme. We are in urgent need of good quality clothing, so why not donate them to us and know that the tax man is not getting all of your hard earned money! Once again, thank you from us all at the shop .
Amanda Shearing, Torrington.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president